- Confidentiality: All readings will be held in strict confidence unless we feel our silence may jeopardize the safety of our clients or another, or unless our records are subpoenaed by a court of law.
- Prediction Belief: Because we believe in free will, we will not use the cards to make predictions but rather will encourage our clients to determine the direction their futures will take. Likewise, we will not predict an illness, death, or other bad news. While the cards may encourage a client to explore difficult issues, we believe a reading should never leave a client feeling scared or powerless.
- Third-Party Readings: We do not believe the Tarot can read the mind of a third party, and therefore we will only do readings that focus on what our clients are thinking or feeling.
- Limits of Our Expertise: We are not qualified to give medical, legal, psychological, or financial advice. If our client needs the services of a doctor, lawyer, financial adviser, or therapist, we will recommend that they consult a licensed professional.
- Respect and Compassion: We will treat all of our clients with respect regardless of their age, gender, race, ethnicity, or sexual orientation. We will be nonjudgmental in addressing their questions, decisions, or actions and will interpret the cards with sensitivity and compassion. Additionally, we will show respect for our professional colleagues.
- Empowerment: We will empower our clients to make healthy choices and encourage them to take responsibility for their actions. We will discourage our clients from becoming dependent upon the Tarot or our services and will not solicit return visits.
- Professional Growth: We will actively seek ways to further our Tarot studies so that we may develop our skills as a reader.
- Readings aim to help the client to take charge of their own life.
- Clients will be treated equally and with respect.
- Readers will be open-minded, honest and non-judgmental.
- If appropriate, readers will suggest that clients consult a
qualified professional. (e.g. health or legal professional)
- When a fee is due, the amount will be agreed prior to the reading.
- If at any time a reader feels unable to complete a reading, they
will withdraw tactfully.
- Readings will not knowingly be given to clients aged under 18 years
without permission from their parent or guardian.
- Readings cannot be given about anyone other than the client, and
questions relating to others (e.g. third parties ) will be re-phrased